Cork University Hospital
Cork University Hospital is delighted to be part of Cork's 96fm Giving for Living Radiothon! CUH has 25,500 inpatient admissions, 27,000 day cases, and 58,000 emergency cases (A&E) annually, making it one of the busiest hospitals in the country.Cork University Hospital with 800 beds is the largest hospital in Ireland.
This year's Radiothon will help us fund the following projects to support cancer services at the Hospital:
- Continuing Refurbishment of Patient single rooms in Ward 2D (Isolation Ward) – to improve the environment for long stay patients (patients who spend 3-6 months in hospital due to the illness).
- Equipment to help with the treatment of Lymphoedema in Breast cancer patients.
- An additional CT scanner which will help with the early detection of cancer.
- Endobronchial Ultrasound Diagnostic equipment – this will assist with the early detection of lung cancer and reduces the need for surgical intervention.
- Mole Mapping Machine - this will help in monitoring existing patients with skin cancer and the diagnosis of new patients.
- Refurbishment of Patient Clinic Rooms in the Oncology area.
- Development of cancer awareness programmes for patients in the early detection & prevention of cancer.
To find out more about Cork University Hospital visit www.cuhcharity.ie/